Do you want to know more?
In case you're wondering about anything, it's all here.
Web Design FAQ
Start the conversation
The first step is to get to know each other so tell us about your current website challenges. I'll review your information and be in touch to see if we're a good fit.
It's important to that you've taken time to identify SMART goals, allocate a budget, and have a reasonable timeline planned so my team can bring your project to success. In case we're not the ideal solution for your project, I'm happy to refer you to one of our trusted partners that may be able to help.
Meet & Greet Call
If everything looks good, I'll invite you to schedule a 30-minute video conference to get to know each other and learn more about your current challenges and needs. If I see a need, one or more of my partners will join us to answer any technical questions or concerns you may have during our discussion.
Please be sure that at least one decisions maker (like an executive director) from your team can join us for the call. Otherwise, I will recommend we reschedule the call so it fits everyone's schedule.
If you feel like we're the ideal partner for your project, we'll craft a proposal that's specific to your needs. We usually provide a proposal within one to two weeks from our initial meet and greet call.
Here's the format:
- Overview of your current situation and website challenges
- Goals and how we plan to meet them
- Our CMS recommendation which is usually either WordPress or Drupal
- Project scope of the core features we'll build into your new website
- Tiered pricing so you can choose an investment package that best suits your budget and needs
- An estimated timeline of how long it'll take to make your project a success
- Web hosting recommendations in case you're looking to switch to a better provider
- Terms and conditions of how you'll pay us for the project
- Our process and how the magic happens
- The strategized team we'll put together for your specific needs
- Similar project case studies with success
- Proof of happy clients that we've helped with their site redesigns
- References in case you'd like connect with one of our clients
- Next steps which is a follow-up call to review our proposal with you
Once it's ready, I'll invite your decision makers on a follow-up call to review our proposal in real-time together. I'll be available to answer any questions or concerns that you may have. We want to ensure you're set up for success and suitable for your board to review.
Contract review and sign
If our proposal looks good, let us know which Package Option (A, B, or C) you’d to move forward with. We'll send you a contract for review where you can sign it digitally using Google Docs. Once we received your signed contract, we'll send an invoice for a deposit.
If you want to secure us for your project and schedule a kick-off call, we'll need payment within seven days of receipt. Otherwise, your project may be put on hold or rescheduled for kick-off at a later date. So it's important to make a prompt payment.
After we've received the deposit, we'll invite your team onto our project management tool, Basecamp. We'll use it for tracking conversations, to-dos, and overall delivery of the project.
Home page kick-off
Then we'll coordinate a kick-off call to collaborate on the Home page design for your new website. We'll review your worksheet answers and inspiration sites to determine art direction and content strategy that will achieve your goals.
A custom website takes a minimum of four to five months to complete. We design and build the new site from scratch based on your goals and audience objectives defined in our website worksheet.
We usually spend two months on design and up to two months (based on complexity) to code and develop the website so it's easy for you to use. Websites that need more functionality take six months to eight months but it's well worth it when you have a website that fits and grows with your specific needs.
For websites, we require a 15% to 25% deposit of the total budget that’s been allocated for your project. Once we receive this payment along with your signed project agreement, we’ll coordinate a kick-off call on Basecamp with your team.
Invoices are emailed on the 1st of during the estimated duration of your project as a monthly retainer. Payments are due within 15 days of receipt.
You'll receive late payment reminders one, three, and five days later. We may add a 2% late fee so it's important to pay your invoices in a timely manner. We accept credit cards using Stripe and checks.
On smaller projects like graphic design or logo design, we require a 50% deposit to begin the work. Once everything is completed, we’ll email you an invoice for the remaining payment which will be due 15 days later.
WordPress is open source content management software and currently powers over 32% of all websites on the Internet. The project is contributed to by tens of thousands of developers all over the world and continues to grow. WordPress allows us to develop flexible and customizable websites to modern standards and observes web development best practices. The community of web developers that use WordPress allows us to tap into this collective intelligence and bring that wealth of experience to your project.
After a website launch, we provide 15 days of free support. We’ll make sure the software and plugins are updated and will fix anything that isn’t working properly on your website that is considered a WordPress bug.
To continue receiving support for your website after this initial period ends, you’ll need to purchase one of our WordPress Care Plans. Our plans ensure your website is always online, secure, and updated for the best performance.
WordPress Security Plans FAQ
Glad you asked! We'd recommend reading our Why Monthly WordPress Care Matters article. You'll learn tips on how performing monthly updates to a WordPress site can help keep it online, protected, and secure from hackers.
Imagine having peace of mind knowing your nonprofit’s WordPress site won’t get hacked.
Our custom WordPress Security Plans save you time so you can focus on what matters the most.
- Close back doors - clean up of any hidden pathways so attackers can’t gain access to your login page and do any damage.
- Update software - WordPress plugins and core framework are properly updated each month so you don’t have to worry about it.
- Protect users - your website’s important user data is protected so it can’t be stolen and sold in bulk on the dark web.
- Backup files - important website files are saved every day off-site so they’re safe from the hands of an attacker.
- Extra protection - the walls of your nonprofit’s WordPress site are strengthened to keep attackers out.
- 24/7 monitoring - we’ll have a watchful eye on your site and can stop any suspicious activity or events from happening in the first place.
If something is broken on your website, create a ticket and our team will address the issue within 24 to 48 hours.
Need to print a receipt or review your purchases? Visit your account page. Make sure you've got your user and password information ready.
Yes, you can cancel your plan anytime.
It's a month-to-month subscription service with no contract to sign.
We don't provide refunds.
To cancel your order, send a two-week email notice to email@example.com